Sounds vaguely nerdily sexy, if you ask me.
If that can even be a thing.
- My sweet peas are finally getting ready to bloom and Jada has decided that the best way to mulch them is to nap on them. Thanks, puppy.
- I'm growing two new hydroponic crops in our greenhouse - cucumbers and eggplant. They're supposed to be a major pain in the ass and prone to a billion pests and shit. Yay.
- The peas happened sort of and then it's been all hot, so this is about all I'm getting even though I planted them way back in, like, February while I was trying to be all I WILL HAVE SOME FUCKING PEAS THIS YEAR DAMNIT, but no. Not really. Again. Ugh.
- We went to Passover at my folks' and I ate a flotilla of Matzo ball soup and enjoyed making fun of my sister's homemade seder plate from when she was 8 and more talented than I'll ever be.
- The bees' poppy field is blooming and it's just my favorite thing that I don't have to do shit for. And speaking of awesome shit that I don't have to do shit for, the nasturtium are blooming and covering the grapes' roots just like I imagined they would when I did zero planning and just stuck some seeds in the ground, like, six months ago. Yay.
- The little lime tree is now screaming MAKE SOME COCKTAILS ALREADY because the fucker is so weighted down with nippley limes that I can't help but lewdly tickle them while Bubba makes similarly lewd gestures and reminds me that we're not fit for social interaction anymore.
- The front yard meadow is GOING OFF. This is the time of year when it looks like I know what I'm doing sort of and I'm savoring it. I've taken a thousand good pictures with my real big girl camera, but you just get these ones that came off my phone without any nice filters or anything because I'm lazy.
- I'm still growing buttloads of hydroponic lettuce and basil until the end of this semester when I'll graduate and then somehow come back to grow hydro cucumbers and eggplant. We'll talk more on this another time.
- Spring is nice.
- We took a field trip to a newly started up farm and it was tits. I almost pet a horse (not a fan), saw lots of sheep, clucked with the chickens, cuddled-ish some hogs and listened to ducks quacking around in their baby pool overlooking the Santa Cruz mountains.
- The college's farm is looking extra nice right now and I thought you should see our blossoming hedgerow because it's pretty and shit.
- The vegetable garden is in and Spring and Jada approve.
- I went to see Kelli for a long overdue visit and, while I took no pictures of the two of us, I do have this one of my bed-buddy Nelson and the inspiration behind a whole day of lazing at the pool. Like a dream.
- Here's a hippie from my Organic Agriculture class who always has something tangled up in his hippie mane. This time it's grass. Other times it's been weeds, flowers, dirt and "unidentified mass". The unique aspect of this photo is the fact that he's wearing a shirt and that this hair belongs to a man.
OK - so that's the quick and dirty vaguely nerdily sexy bulleted list update. I feel like probably a lot of these topics warrant longer and more coherent posts, but we'll just have to see about that.